Re: Portfolios (and another question)

Subject: Re: Portfolios (and another question)
From: coliver -at- lexmark -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:21:18 -0400

Quoth arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com:
>Oddly enough, at several of my last interviews they
>didn't even know what to do with my portfolio. Out of
>curiosity, do some TWs show up to interviews sans
>portfolio? If so, why? Under what circumstances would a
>TW NOT bring a portfolio? (Other than "they've already
>got it" or "It's a friend.")

I've asked before and been told not to bring one because the interviewer
wasn't going to have time to look at it. *shrug*

In my current position, growing my portfolio with actual work is somewhat
problematic because everything I produce is an internal design document
that will remain confidential for the entire life of the product (and
probably several years beyond). Any recommendations? I've considered
dummying up a functional specification for an obviously nonexistent
product that follows my company's standard template but provides no actual
information...

- C.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com