Clarification (was Just can't help myself)

Subject: Clarification (was Just can't help myself)
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:07:38 -0400

Since we're discussing disrespect of professions....

It was brought to my attention that the line "Nothing more than a
glorified editor" was possibly offensive to those who are editors. I
apologize for implying that editors are unnecessary or that I look
down on them. Nothing could be further from the truth, and since I do
a lot of editing in my current job, I have a healthy respect for the
skill it takes to do it right.

What I was saying is that I signed on for a job with an expectation of
what I would be doing, only to find I was doing something totally
different, and much less than I'd hoped for. I apologise if that read
like I think editors are useless. :)

Note to self: It's ok to denigrate administrative assistants here, but
not editors. (Ducks and runs from the hordes of irate admins lurking
on the list) :)

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com