Re: Just can't help myself

Subject: Re: Just can't help myself
From: "pam" <peemo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:23:05 -0700

Yikes, we're getting into la-la land here. Administrative assistants
(engineers, truck drivers, car wash attendants) could indeed be brilliant
writers and/or process mappers. With all due respect, any scientific study
of same would have to have more subjects than just those one knows.

To your observations, mine would be different: I have seen
analytically-bent minds capable of process mapping appear in many guises.
The current admin for my department is getting her master's in theology.

My 2 cents,

Pam

"Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com> wrote in message
news:273501 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> That's a fair assessment, Gene. I always enjoy your thoughtful approach.
>
> In my experience, however, I've found that an administrative assistant
> usually doesn't have good technical writing skills. They are usually
neither
> technical, nor writers. Most administrative assistants I have known do not
> appear to think of themselves as writers. None had process mapping skills.
>
> This ad is asking for some skills that are relatively advanced, yet the
> candidate is being asked to inventory office supplies. I'd like to see the
> Director of Quality Assurance perform his own inventories!
>
> Just my take; clearly I may be over analyzing.
>
> Sherry
> Sherry Michaels
> President
> Michaels & Associates