Re: What Can We Do?

Subject: Re: What Can We Do?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:50:57 -0400

> >>How exactly is it "unethical"? There is nothing unethical about exercising<br>your rights under a contract you have entered with someone.<<
>
> Signing someone on to a year contract and five months later dropping that person for a cheaper one is "unethical" in my opinion.

No, signing a piece of paper that says "either party can terminate
this agreement at any time" and then getting miffed that someone put
the clause into action is "unethical".

Unethical means:
An action or conduct which violates the principles of one or more
ethical systems, or which is counter to an accepted ethical value,
such as honesty.
To breach the commonly agreed moral code.
Not conforming to approved standards of social or professional behavior.

Therefore, because there was agreement on the conditions of the
contract and the contract was approved, the client company was acting
ethically by exercising the clause in the contract that could sever
the agreement.

I'm not a lawyer, but this is pretty basic stuff right here.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com