Re: "Transparent to the User"

Subject: Re: "Transparent to the User"
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 01:36:37 -0400

Peter Neilson wrote:

> Maybe "invisible" would have been a better term.

'Invisible' is better. It's not in fashion, but it's better. "Not visible."

Wait. Maybe 'transparent' is political correctness. Users needn't have vision (be "sighted"). Is 'transparent' jargon, fashion, or politesse?

> Another request was for the location of the Transparent Ladies' room.

'Transparent ladies' will mean the end for my X-ray Specs, which didn't always work, anyhow.

LQ

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com