RE: Technical Writing - What's the catch?

Subject: RE: Technical Writing - What's the catch?
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:42:14 -0500

Folks, this whole exchange is reminding me of a time when I had what I
thought was a good idea and someone kept responding simply, "It sucks."
I was not about to be convinced, but I COULD HAVE been convinced if he
had explained what was wrong with the idea. So instead if simply
saying, "Your writing sucks," which is not only undiplomatic but vague
and dismissive, what about a more detailed explanation of exactly what
is wrong with the writing in question?