Re: Taking credit

Subject: Re: Taking credit
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:11:46 -0800 (PST)

And how you broach the subject. if they think you are trying to pull
a fast one, they'll kill the idea. However, if they sincerely believe
you won't abuse the privilege, they don't have an issue with it. They
may require certain phrases removed, they may ask that you only use
the material if the company is not in direct competition. For
instance, my manager at B&N.com allowed me to use anything I want, as
long as I gave my word that I wouldn't use it in an interview with
Amazon.com...and being that they are in Seattle, the chance was slim.

Of course, if you were a schmuck while you worked for them, they'll
probably discourage all usae just on principle.

--- Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> It all depends on how sensitive the info is that you are working
> with, and of course the mentality of the company you're looking
> to use material from.
>
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:57:26 -0800 (PST), John Posada
> <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> > I've never had that request declined.
> >
> > > Provided, of course, that you have permission to use company
> > > material in the search for a new job elsewhere.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com