RE: 2nd Try: Need style advice on lists in tables

Subject: RE: 2nd Try: Need style advice on lists in tables
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:03:37 -0500 (EST)

Italics in a serif font are too hard to read, but can be all right in an
appropriate serif font.

If your tables use Roman, for example, I'd use Franklin Gothic for the
run-in heads.

If you're using a sans-serif font in the table, use another sans-serif
font in italics or see if you can get away with a weight that isn't
"bold," per se, but that looks darker and thicker than the body of the
table.

> I'd like to hear what styles others use in this situation. If
> you can't use
> bold for the material before the period, then would you use
> italic, for
> example, or how would you handle such a situation?

Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l