Re: Is this really a tech writing job?

Subject: Re: Is this really a tech writing job?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:05:58 -0500

> Yep, typical. It's like the ads wanting Technical Writers with programming experience or Technical Writers with Engineering degrees. They want someone that can do two jobs.

Sorry, you're dead wrong there.

I have recently posted a couple of ads looking for tech writers with
programming experience because the job is to document APIs and SDKs.
If you can't walk the walk, you can't talk the talk. We need people
who understand on a programmer level and who can communicate that
information to other programmers as well as lesser technical people
who, for one reason or another, now find they need to roll up their
sleeves and hack in VB.NET.

I don't want someone to both write and program as their job, but their
writing job in this case is heavily reliant on their ability to
program, as they'll need to construct, validate, and analyze sample
code and sample applications.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com