Re: Request for Guidance

Subject: Re: Request for Guidance
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:43:03 -0800 (PST)

> The pay I am being offered is marginal 20% more than what I am
> getting currently?
>
> I will be getting a hike in a couple of months to the same range in
> my present company.
>
> What should I do ????

Get out your calculator. First you say you're getting "20% more than
what [you] are currently getting."

Next line, you're getting a hike to the same range in [your] present
company.

which is it?

> Pls help.... Anybody faced such a dilemna hlpe me out

With what you know about yourself, which I'd assume is more than
anyone on the list, only you can decide.

Make a matrix. On one side is the pros and on the other is the cons.
Get as detailed as you can, then make the decision.

Of course, simpler would be to keep your present job and send one of
us in instead.

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://my.yahoo.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com