Re: Request for Guidance

Subject: Re: Request for Guidance
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:38:16 +0000

TC,

What were the reasons why you started looking outside? Does the new company offering meet those criteria?

20% ain't marginal in my book, but if it's not just about money and there may be more coming where you are - refer to the questions above again. I work from home 4/5 and am desperate to talk to other people during the day; do you want to talk to other people about their TW skills and experience on a more regular basis? Does the new company give you the chance to learn new tools, or methods? When I went to one of the big two I got a 40% package increase, but it lasted less than two years. How does the bigger company cut its costs in times of hardship? What's its record on downsizing?

Pension, share options, gym membership, health care ...?

HTH,
Ant

Tech Comm.... wrote:

Can anyone guide me on a important issue?

I have got a job offer from a big software company one of top 7 .

The pay I am being offered is marginal 20% more than what I am
getting currently?

I will be getting a hike in a couple of months to the same range in my
present company.

What should I do ????

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com