How to deal with a "Closed" group of writers?

Subject: How to deal with a "Closed" group of writers?
From: Rahul Prabhakar <prabhakar -dot- rahul -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:03:20 +0530

Hi TECHWR-L Members,

Forwarding a mail on behalf of a friend who chooses to be anonymous.
Please reply directly on the group.

<Quote>
Ive always spurned the idea of working with a group of writers.
However hard I try, I usually end up working with one helluva group of
writers. Although, all of us are individual contributors, Im zapped
by the obnoxious attitude I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Im the youngest in my group (both on the age and experience radar) and
though, Ive always been performing to the best of capabilities, Ive
not been able to strike a chord with my peers. I may not like to
believe that there is some underlying problem with me because I am a
down and out people's person and am pretty successful with my
relationships so far with friends or colleagues.

Actually, our documentation team consists of the most 'ebullient'
writers, with varied backgrounds. Still it is an extremely closed
group.

My question to you is that is it true that "attitude" is something we
have to live with when cutthroat behavior permeates into a writer's
world.

Do you also feel sometimes that you are in a "documentation black
hole" where the only person who cooperates with you is YOU yourself?

Hope to hear from you on this soon!
Thanking You
Name Withheld
</Quote>

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com