RE: majuscules in English (was Re: simple ui question)

Subject: RE: majuscules in English (was Re: simple ui question)
From: "Neumann, Eileen" <ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:12:39 -0500

Love the approach!

Here in the Financial Industry, Capitals Rule. Important Issues and Vital Concerns, Marketing, Other Department, Important People, Taxes, Dividends, Mutual Funds, Money, Image, Advertising.... We capitalize All to show that we know that these are Vital Concerns.

Crankily....
Eileen Neumann

>>I was editing a document as a favor for a friend, and he was doing that. I
"un-capitalized" and inserted gentle comments, and when he sent the
revision back for a final once-over, there were the misplaced capitals again.

When I sent the edit back to him, he found things like "The Lord of W is
coming to Our House, Dearest Diary! I am beside Myself with Excitement, for
he is Very well-to-do and is Said to be a Most Eligible Bachelor" in place
of the usual "no caps" or "only capitalize proper names" comments.

I grant you, this was a friend and a favor so I could get away with it, but
misplaced capitals were very rarely seen in his writing after that. ;)

Notice: All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com