simple ui quesion

Subject: simple ui quesion
From: "diotima" <diotima -at- myway -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:36:42 -0500 (EST)

all,

our software product times the user out after a period of inactivity. we're now going to give the user the ability to adjust the amount of time that the user can be inactive in the system before being timed out.

this is the interface the developers have come up with:

Timeout After: <drop-down list box>

(drop-down list box contains:

30 minutes

1 hour

1:30 minutes

2 hours

2:30 minutes

...and so on)

i'm not completely satisfied with this, but i'm not completely satisfied with the alternatives i've come up with either. am i being too fussy, or is there really room for improvement?

(i'm not going to worry excessively over it, but i thought i'd ask to see if anyone can offer a suggestion that makes me think, "oh yes, of course!"

diotima

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com