RE: Disappearing Images in Word

Subject: RE: Disappearing Images in Word
From: "Kristin Tracy" <kpt -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:08:50 -0600

Joe Hauglie wrote:

>If the images were sourced in Adobe, I'd suspect the following issue is
>affecting things.

>In April or so of this year, Microsoft released a security patch that
>addressed some known security flaw in Windows/IE (this was specifically
>to deal with the Sasser virus, I think). The upside of the patch was
>that the flaw was fixed. The downside is that it created a bug that
>affected some images placed or linked in Office programs (such as
Word).
>The affected images were native Adobe files - specifically, files
>created in Adobe Illustrator (any version). This included *.eps, *.wmf
>and *.emf , *.jpg and *.gif - basically, anything created in AI that
had
>been put into an Office doc.

Thanks, Joe. We didn't use any Adobe products for the images in
question. In fact, I should have mentioned a few more details. Our
company just got brand new PCs at the end of November. Most of our
software was updated at that time, with the exception of FullShot
(6.02), which is what we use to capture our images. We then paste them
into Word 2003.

-Kristin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com