Re: Need some help with some JavaScript

Subject: Re: Need some help with some JavaScript
From: Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:22:45 -0800

PD -dot- Lees -at- btinternet -dot- com wrote:

Chuck,

You're righht about that parameter. However, changing it still makes no
difference. I've been tweaking the code, trying simpler and simpler versions (as you can see from the demos below), and it's still not working on IE.

Specifying the version of JavaScript as 1.4 seems to be a factor. I found
that changing this to 1.2 or 1.3 or omitting it altogether allowed the
script to work in Internet Explorer.

Turns out that's in the right area, but not the problem. I eventually posted this also to a JavaScript list, where I found out that, unlike what I was taught in a class just last spring, the language attribute is deprecated. Instead, I neede to use the text attribute. Once I changed that, the problems went away.

That said, "deprecated" doesn't mean "do not use," so I'd say that this is yet another Microsoft IE bug.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
The day may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our
friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day!
This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com

Next by Author: Re: Typical screen resolution, these days (or, WHY IS CSS the way it is -- haven't we learned ANYTHING in ALL THESE YEARS no, guess we have not)?