Re: Opinions requested regarding new web utility

Subject: Re: Opinions requested regarding new web utility
From: cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:34:11 -0700

> Well Chris, it's nice, and helpful

I'm glad you like it.

> , but for me I wouldn't go to your website. I'd just use Photoshop
> to pick my web colours and the hex number.

Yep, Photoshop is *the* tool for web designers. But what if you don't have
a good sense of color, how do you pick the rest of the colors in your
design? Photoshop won't help you do that, but my color wheels should.

> I don't know if you're trying to drive more traffic to your
> site,

Well, I am creating an online resource and I've put a lot of time into it,
so, yeah, I'd like for people to use it.

>but it seems to me you're kinda re-creating the wheel.

<lol>

> There are
> tons of sites that list true web colours with RGB and hex number
> information. htmlgoodies.com might have been one of the first.

True, but my wheels aren't intended to just display color info for one
color (as you say, there are plenty of other sites doing that). No, the
wheels are unique because they organize the web-safe colors in a palette
that makes picking colors by saturation or hue very easy. Then once you've
got your color, it helps you choose the others in your scheme. What's not
to like?

> I also want to mention that your marcom list, while slightly interested,
> became rapidly boring because I had to do so much scrolling, and I'm at
> 1152x864, I can't even imagine someone at 800x600 looking at your marcom
> link. Yikes!

Great, now I've got to worry about being sued for causing carpal tunnel
syndrome ;)

> That's all without being too critical...

Bring it on! Seriously, thanks for your comments. I may not agree with all
of them, but I'll at least think about the sense of them.

--Chris

> --
> Michele
> 612-824-3516