Re: Opinions requested regarding new web utility

Subject: Re: Opinions requested regarding new web utility
From: cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:18:06 -0700

Hi, Chuck

> I found no clue (at first glance) that clicking on a color would open a
> whole new honkin' full-size browser window. If you're going to do that,
> tell users in advance. Or let then do it by a right click.
Good catch, Bonnie mentioned it, too and I've got to do something about
it.

> And then there are the huge swatches of color on the resulting page,
> surrounded by seas of white space. (Then again, this may be because I'm
> using a 20" LCD monitor.) Stil, I think the information on the results
> apge could be laid out mroe efficiently.
>
> Better yet, design the wheel page to include a pane, perhaps with
> JavaScript or DHTML, that shows that information _on_thet_page_ , never
> taking users away from the wheel itself.

I have a note under the color wheel that says eventually I'm going to redo
the whole thing as a Flash or Java project. My main purpose in this first
version was to get the colors arranged as a wheel and to derive the color
combinations. Now that that's almost done, redesigning for efficiency will
be easy.

<snip>
> Oh, and one of your "misfot" colors, #6600CC, goes quite well with
> yellow or gold.

I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Chris