New TECHWR-L Poll Question - OoO

Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - OoO
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:41:37 -0700

If you've ever posted to TECHWR-L (or any other email list), you've gotten them. Emails from this person, who is on vacation; from that person, who is on medical leave; and from the other person, who is bragging because their company is closed for an inordinately long Winter break.

You know what I'm talking about--the dreaded Out of Office reply. Every single person who posts to the list gets one from every single person who has their autoresponder set up incorrectly.

Soon, many people will be taking holiday breaks and vacations. I wish you all the best for your time off--health, safety, happiness, enjoyment, the works!

I'm also interested to know how you handle Out of Office responders for TECHWR-L and other email lists you are on, and that's the topic of this week's poll question:

How do you set up your out of office autoresponder for TECHWR-L and/or other email lists?

* I set up an exclusion for TECHWR-L and other lists
* I set my lists to no-mail instead
* I deal with a zillion emails; much easier that way
* An autoresponder? You can do that? Really??
* I never take vacation from email
* Other/None of the above

Enter your response at http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/.

Thanks, and have a great week, and a fabulous holiday season!

Lisa B.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com