Re: W2 to 1099 conversion

Subject: Re: W2 to 1099 conversion
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:47:47 -0600

Tony,

I've heard that you add 20%, but I can tell you that I am now on a contract that only pays $5/hour more for Corp-to-Corp than it did as a W2. Because 1099's can write off health insurance, home office, mileage, etc., it is not always necessary to increase the rate by all the things Sherry mentions. My husband is an Oracle programmer up for a contract to perm. position and his salary is going to be exactly the same contract as it is perm. Except with perm. he will get bene's.

HTH,

Michele

--
Michele
612-824-3516

Tony Markos wrote:

To all:

Can anyone give me a "rule of thumb" for coverting a
W2 hourly rate to an equivalent 1099 hourly rate?
This is for a local TW contract job that I am considering, so there are no per diem considerations (if that makes any difference).

Thanks,

Tony Markos

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com