RE: New Guy Question - MS Word

Subject: RE: New Guy Question - MS Word
From: kevin -dot- lovejoy -at- trnswrks -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:05:41 -0700

Thanks Jonathan,
I will read the links (I have checked several already and they have been
very helpful.)

I have never used templates before so this is a new idea. It sounds like
it could fix many of my issues (along with using RD fields and a print
macro.) These are all new concepts, so any pointers would be appreciated.

I will give this a shot, it sure can't be as bad as this problem with
Master/sub docs.

Any ideas on how to send this to an external user and keep them from being
able to delete or modify it?

Anyone?

Thanks,
Kevin
>take a look at the following articles.
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WhyMasterDocsCorrupt.htm
> How to recover a Master Document
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm
> http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=148
>
> > 2. What better options are available (not likely to talk employer into
> > change.)
>
> Word is fine for the purpose provided you treat it nicely. That means
> defining a template and using styles. These articles will help you
> Creating a Template ? The Basics (Part I)
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart2.htm
> http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=262
>
> This list has archives which you can search. There are also communities
> specifically for the purpose of exchanging knowledge about Word.
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx
> http://groups.google.com.
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> Regards