Re: Word to PDF problem

Subject: Re: Word to PDF problem
From: Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:33:14 -0500

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:25:54 -0600, Humphries, Ola
<ola -dot- humphries -at- energy -dot- sungard -dot- com> wrote:
> When I make a PDF from a Word-generated document, the Table of Contents does
> not automatically create the bookmark sidebar. I know I can create this
> manually, but this document, created in Word to take advantage of the
> Mail-Merge feature, has become quite complex and I would like the easier
> option, if one exists.

(1) Open up Microsoft Word. If Word and Acrobat are installed on your
machine correctly, there should be an "Adobe PDF" menu on your Word
menubar.
(2) Select "Change Conversion Settings" from the "Adobe PDF" menu entry.
(3) Click the "Word" tab on the resulting "Acrobat PDFMaker" dialog box.
(4) Make sure that "Convert cross-references and table of contents to
links" is checked.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Barry
--
Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
http://enrevanche.blogspot.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com