Can you suggest a way to manage this process?

Subject: Can you suggest a way to manage this process?
From: "O'Shea ,Elizabeth" <Elizabeth -dot- OShea -at- Elan -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:14:09 -0000

I have to send a document for review today to seven different reviewers. The
impossible goal says all their comments and changes have to be reconciled,
implemented, and signed off by tomorrow evening.

We use Word. Track changes has been on since the content owner edited the
existing document. There have been substantial changes. There will be more
substantial changes when the reviewers get the document, and seven different
people will be making them.

The process here is somewhat ad hoc, but whatever the process we must be
able to trace all the changes made by everyone. We don't have time for
everyone to review a single electronic copy of the document in turn. The
alternative is seven electronic copies with unique file names or paper
copies. I don't think paper copies are feasible.

The document is stored in a folder structure on a network. It's not in a
controlled management system such as VSS.

I welcome any suggestions on how to make this work.

Thanks.

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Elizabeth -dot- OShea -at- elan -dot- com <mailto:Elizabeth -dot- OShea -at- elan -dot- com>

This communication and any files transmitted with it may
contain information that is confidential and may be privileged and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for
the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender.

Thank you for your co-operation

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com