Re: Conditional Text in MS Word

Subject: Re: Conditional Text in MS Word
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:51:33 -0800

There are several ways to "do" conditional text in Word without
resorting to third-party software...

The most basic conditional text mechanism in Word is the IF field, which tests for bookmark (variable) values. It used to be documented under "mail merge" because that's what it was developed for.

I've used it (as far back as Word 2.0 for Windows) to create complex variations of user and admin docs from a single source.

If you can't find my earlier descriptions in the Techwr-l archives, contact me off-list.

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com