RE: techwr-l digest: November 11, 2004

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: November 11, 2004
From: "David Boss" <bosscomm -at- on -dot- aibn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:41:46 -0500

For sure. I use Quickoffice on my Clie, which is compatible with Word, Excel
and Powerpoint. I log hours on a job, track mileage and expenses, etc. in
Quicksheet spreadsheets and keep notes, write memos, create invoices, etc.
in Quickword. Everything syncs to my PC, copying whichever file is newer to
the other system.

I also use Desktop To Go to sync my calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. with
Outlook; sync my email inbox to the Clie and use Snappermail that works with
Quickoffice to let me open attachments; and use AvantGo to copy the latest
news, weather, etc. to read in spare moments.

David Boss

Boss Communications
mailto:david -at- bosscommunications -dot- com www.bosscommunications.com
Phone 905-824-1384 Toll free 1-877-824-7607 Fax 416-946-1330
Mississauga, ON

> Subject: Pocket PC/Palm invoicing for contractors
> From: Suzy -dot- Davis -at- doi -dot- vic -dot- gov -dot- au
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:11:04 +1100

> But it has got me thinking about other things that could be
> synchronised that would be useful to contractors - such as
> generating my invoices on the Pocket PC so that they could be
> emailed to work and synchronised at home.
>
> I've done a bit of searching on the web, but haven't found
> anything to write home about.
>
> Is anyone on this list using software like this? What are
> your recommendations?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com