Creative writing

Subject: Creative writing
From: "Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:16:45 -0700

<<When I mentioned that I've written company policies in the past, she went
on to ask is there anything creative that I've done, even if it's outside of
the workplace. I'm open to creating a document, so I can showcase my writing
skills, but I'm short on time (they want it as soon as possible) and I'm not
sure I fully understand their definition of a creative writing sample.>>

During the interview process, did you find out what it was they were trying
to address or "cure?" Although the training is supposed to be web-based, is
it technical training? If not, you may need to dig into your bag for some
sort of interactive game that requires the student to respond quickly. Your
contact may need assurances that your learner will stay engaged in the
learning process although the content may seem "techie." It's hard to say,
without knowing what it is they are trying to address.

The good news is that she took the time to call you and ask. The bad news is
that this "feels" like an organization that is not sure what they are
looking for.

Sherry
Sherry Michaels
Michaels & Associates, LLC