Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question

Subject: Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question
From: Justin Ressler <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:07:25 -0700

Wow! This has been fun, but I accepted a new job in August and will start (most likely) after the first of the year.

Tech writing just isn't my bag baby. I've had a lot of fun, but I don't think I am made for tech writing. Some days I really like it, most days I really hate it. My performance (in my opinion) is mediocre at best. While those around me have been happy with my work (most of the time), I just don't like it enough to stay. I've learned a lot from this list, and from my experiences as a tech writer. I'm reading /Eats, Shoots and Leaves/ right now, so that must say something for caring a little bit.

So, 2 years (months) or less for me.

Justin
http://tinyurl.com/6nrjn

So, the question is this: How many more years do you expect to be a tech
writer?

* 2 years or less
* 3-5 years
* 6-10 years
* 11-15 years
* 16-20 years
* 21 or more years
* Until a better career comes along
* Until I retire
* Until my novel/screenplay/poetry sells
* Other/None of the above

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com