Re: Blogging software-your opinions

Subject: Re: Blogging software-your opinions
From: Ed Wurster <GlassNet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:23:50 -0400

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:19:03 -0600, Stitzel, Ken
<kstitzel -at- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov> wrote:
> Anybody out there using blogging software for anything? Please send me your
> comments, on or off list. Tell me what you like. Opinionated opinions
> welcome.

snipped

> I'm just looking for the software, not blog hosting. Has to run on WinXP.
> Free is good, too.

If you have a blog, then you have a web server somewhere that delivers
the content. For instance, if you find a free winXP app that blogs,
then the pages would have to be served up.

The blogs I have experience with are Blogger, Siteframe, Wordpress.
Blogger is a free service. The other two are a combination of PHP, SQL
and HTML. THey are free, but I have them hosted. For these your server
must have PHP and SQL capability (Apache hosting.) I've heard this is
possible in Windows.

An alternative is to use Word, and put links in that, put file on
network. To me it sounds like a mess, but it may suit your needs. Good
topic. I posted blog links below.

--
Ed Wurster
http://www.ewurster.com/blogger