AECMA 1000 D v 2.0 - adaptation

Subject: AECMA 1000 D v 2.0 - adaptation
From: Solena -dot- LEMOIGNE -at- fr -dot- thalesgroup -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:15:24 +0200

Listmembers,

I have searched the archives but came to no answer, so I'm turning to you,
wells of wisdom.

- Context -
We're in the process of adapting an existing military norm to the AECMA 1000
D. Basically, we're looking at the decomposition of information both in the
AECMA and the norm (MAT 10002 for those who care) and we're trying to make
the two parallel.
Unsurprisingly, it doesn't match.
For instance, in the MAT 10002 we have a complete chapter (foreword) that
corresponds to no Identification Code (IC) in the AECMA. How could we make
it fit in the AECMA?

- Questions -
The first question is: "Would it be possible to use the IC that are marked
as unused to fit our odd chapters?" For instance, we don't want to use an IC
that will be used in later revisions of the norm, or at least, we would
prefer to minimise the risk.
The second question is: I seem to recall that IC inferior to 100 are
descriptions and IC superior to 100 are procedures. I have searched the
AECMA (not from cover to cover, I admit, those who have it sitting in their
office should nod), but I can't find anything that could confirm or infirm
this idea. Could someone who has more practice of the norm could help me
out?

Thank you for your help.

Solena Le Moigne
Rédactrice Technique
solena.lemoigne[at]fr.thalesgroup.com
On applique le plan B :
on improvise, on s'adapte, on domine.
-- L'histoire des Pingouins -- Antoine Bellot

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com