Virtual Machines for training

Subject: Virtual Machines for training
From: "Sonja Marnewick" <Sonjam -at- medemass -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:33:03 +0200

Hi

I was wondering if any of you are using Virtual Machine Technology for
software training purposes to get around the lack of proper software,
and hardware availability in different regional offices. As I
understand it, the Virtual Machines can be set up on a PC at HQ, the
training software loaded, and set up for test cases. These "images"
then get used by the training officers in the different branch offices,
and all the course participants get the same training experience around
the country?

I managed to get my hands on VMWare 4, is it any good, do you recommend
using this technology?

Thanx in advance.
Regards,

Sonja Marnewick