Re: Follow Up Samples

Subject: Re: Follow Up Samples
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:01:26 -0500

Just to clarify. I pulled my site mostly because it was an albatross that I started to dislike. Someone else, offlist, detailed all the issues with my site and I realized a cohesive, unified front between the krautgrrl and krautboy sites was the better way to go, so right now, in between working, I am revamping the sites to have a more unified, thematic look & feel.

I wish it were elbows... but stomachs & thighs... well, you get the picture.

Michele

--
Michele

www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber empyre

jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com wrote:

... I have pulled my entire site except for the first page, but everything else is inactive. ...

Hey Michele,

I completely understand your frustration. I've lost some jobs this year
because either they googled my blog (facetime.blogspot.com) or they
freaked that I'm in the Reserves. At any rate, it's sad when extraneous
issues conflict with hiring processes.

Re: your decision to destroy the village in order to save it, perhaps you
could put your other pages up. Then you could have a page for design where
you show before & after--but only use a section of the originals--that is,
perhaps there are thumbnails that you enlarge only a portion of, and show
perhaps an arm & elbow in the original and the same area post-PhotoShop
(for inspiration/germination, see
http://eleganthack.com/portfolio/custom/custom1.htm)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com