RoboHELP X3 Questions

Subject: RoboHELP X3 Questions
From: Charles Jones <charlesjones456 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:51:44 -0700 (PDT)

First -- Sorry if this message shows up twice on the
list, under a different e-mail address. But I've
tried posting it, using another address where I
subscribe, and for some reason it's not going through.
So, trying again here....
================================
I have an offer to get RoboHELP Office X3 from someone
who is no longer using it (I have RoboHelp Version 9
now).

A few questions...

1. Does version X3 requires product activation? (I
know X5 does.) It's not that I plan to share the
product with 20 people, but I have a hard time with
the idea that I can't even install software on the
three PCs that are strictly for my own, personal
business use. (Please, no debates, I know not
everyone shares this point of view, but I'm
comfortable with my ethics....)

2. Are RoboHelp X3 source files are compatible with
X5, so I can share the source files with clients (that
is, so we can share projects back and forth, like you
can do with Word 2000, Word 2003, etc.)?

3. Does RoboHelp Office X3 include RoboHTML as well?

4. Any major reason to prefer X5 over X3? (Or any
reasons to avoid X3 -- major bugs, or anything?)

Thanks in advance for all replies.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com