Re: Converting MS Word to PDF using Distiller 6.0- any caveats?

Subject: Re: Converting MS Word to PDF using Distiller 6.0- any caveats?
From: Scott Turner <quills -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:26:01 -0500

At 9:47 AM -0700 10/15/04, zorgalina -at- springmail -dot- com wrote:

I am planning to write some documents for a smallish software project (install guide, system architecture and so on) in MS Word 2000, and then 'distill' those documents into .pdf format for greater portability and possible use on the web. I was planning to just use the Times New Roman font (I haven't bought any lovely fonts or anything, and TMR seems pretty readable, the docs are mainly going to be distributed on paper). There'll be figures; screen captures, diagrams (I expect to embed .jpg and/or .gif files), indices and x-refs.
Any particularly noteworthy pitfalls you can forewarn me of, re: conversion to .pdf?
I first searched the TECWR-L archives and articles for refs to Distiller and nothing regarding Word came up, just a piece on converting HTML-PDF and something on Frame-PDF...thanks

I am unsure if this is still the case, but distilling into PDF will not automatically create hyperlinks from Word. For example, your table of contents will not hyperlink to the referenced page.

Scott

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com