Re: ADMIN: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: ADMIN: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Kate Salm <kate_salm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 05:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

I just got my first tech writing job this past May.
It's a joint Public Affairs/Technical Writing/NEPA
Writing position at an Environmental agency, so I only
spend about 1/2 my time on Technical Writing/Editing
scientific information; mostly smaller (only 100 to
200 pages) documents that the public will be reading.
The rest of my time is spent writing news releases and
informational articles on environmental topics and
trying to learn NEPA (did you know some science
writers will try to blame almost any grammatical error
on it being necessary for NEPA? Neither did I). I
got the job as part of the governments Student Career
Experience Program, an internship to work training
program, and as an internship as I finish my Masters
in technical communication. The internship is also a
permanent job, so I will probably be staying here for
a while.

http://vote.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com