Elna

Subject: Elna
From: oudeis <oudeis -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:20:18 -0400

A friend of mine was looking for a TWer and I immediately thought of Elna Tymes. I know she'd left the field for greener pastures, but I thought I'd drop her a line anyway since Los Trancos Systems' site is still online. I thought maybe she just might still have a toe in the tech writing waters.

Elna was someone I really respected: well-written, articulate, professional, and incredibly willing to share a wealth of practical help and wisdom. She said I should feel free to pass along portions of her note.

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:26:58 -0700
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>

Aren't you sweet to remember me! No, I'm happily out of the computer industry and will never return. I've gone into real estate and am happily making money by helping people who have problems with their houses, AND I'm weeks away from finishing my second Master's (this time in Gerontology) AND I'm developing some property and some medical monitoring systems for seniors who want to age in place AND we've bought a ranch in New Mexico that I'm trying to get on solid footing. I was aware, when I was in the computer industry, that I was under a lot of stress continually. A couple of months after I left I had occasion to do a stress test for one of my grad classes and found that my stress level had dropped to the 'barely perceptible' level. I think there's a lesson there.

<...> So wild horses couldn't drive me back.

I'm truly flattered that you remember me and think so highly of me that you'd forward the request to me. But no thanks. BTW, if you want to post relevant parts of this on TWhirl, be my guest.

Elna Tymes

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com