RoboHelp/Word Crash

Subject: RoboHelp/Word Crash
From: "Kristin Tracy" <kpt -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:02:31 -0500

Hello All,

I've checked the archive, but I cannot find any information regarding a
RoboHelp/Word crash. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm using RoboHelp 9 (we're upgrading soon!). While editing, I had three
docs open (the individual chapter, the compiled book, and the help doc),
and I suspect that RoboHelp got confused. It took the individual chapter
and saved it as the help doc. Word crashed, and when I reopened the help
project, it opened the chapter instead of the help doc. Word didn't
offer any documents that it recovered from the crash, so I saved the rtf
file as a doc. That allowed me to recover the help file, but I now have
another problem. The document now contains double bullets and double
numbers *throughout* the help file! Is there a way to correct this
without going through the entire document and removing the doubles?

Thanks in advance!

Kristin Tracy
Technical Writer
Weiland Financial Group, Inc.
900 North Shore Drive, Ste. 185
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
(847) 810-6137
KPT -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com