Re: Robohelp vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: Robohelp vs. Dreamweaver
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

Sean,

Since Eileen works for a financial services company, there are regulations and laws which are known to change from time to time. Thus, it may be completely worthwhile to have this sort of information on an intranet in HTML. Thus, whenever it is accessed, all the workers will be pointed to the "latest and greatest" version.

Although I'm a fan of .pdf files for some purposes, they may not be the best answer for online access in a regulated environment...although I would seriously consider doing a "snapshot" .pdf of the intranet information each time it is changed to have a record in case it becomes necessary later...

David

-----Original Message from Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>-----

Neumann, Eileen asked:
Currently the practice is to post Word documents on the Intranet......
They have two editing programs (though no licenses for us yet) - Robohelp and Dreamweaver. My question is, which would be best? Also, is there something good that I don't know about in posting Word docs online, vs. HTML? Is Robohelp more useful for creating help files for software programs? What is each program good at?

So, I'm assuming, then, that you will continue to post information about the application on the intranet? (Small "i" on intranet by the way. You only use the big "I" when you're talking about "the Internet" which is a specific...entity...I suppose. And the Internet is different from the internet. But that's just a pain of a distinction to remember. hehe)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com