user problems opening PDFs

Subject: user problems opening PDFs
From: "Karen Neeb" <karenrneeb -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:47:26 -0500

Posting for a colleague...

I looked in the archives, and in the Adobe message boards, and there were quite a few similar topics. None of them had any real solutions, except upgrading to latest version.

We are experiencing problems opening PDFs on our intranet site and internet site. We are using Adobe Acrobat and Distiller version 6.0.0 or 6.0.1. Our Distiller settings are supposed to be compatible with Reader version 4.0 and 5.0, but often customers and internal people are having difficulties opening PDFs in Reader 4.0 and 5.0. We even had a problem with 6.0.1. Except for in the case with 6.0.1, upgrading to the latest Reader version has solved the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How have you solved it? Even though we provide a link to to download the latest Reader version, we can't expect every customer to be using it.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com