Looking for Help Desk Best Practices

Subject: Looking for Help Desk Best Practices
From: "Bernie McCann" <bmcann -at- Kirklands -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:23:02 -0500

Does anyone know where I can find a document (preferably a Word doc) that describes Help Desk Best Practices? I tried the Help Desk Institute website but the membership fees are steep. I'd like something that describes Incident and Problem Management, categorizes incident severity and includes suggested response times.

Thanks!

Bernie McCann

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com