Re: Why so few medical techwriters

Subject: Re: Why so few medical techwriters
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:14:29 -0400

Think I need more coffee. That or I'm out of practice after my vacation.
My typos are horrendous. :(

I wrote on 08/24/2004 02:58:01 PM:
> I chose the field I did because it interested me and I was sick of
> programming (had been since the middle of high school).

To clarify, I was enjoying the programming and computers since before the
middle of high school. It was at the end of college that I suddenly became
sick of it. I was a whizz with Pascal, FORTRAN, MSDos, etc. Just didn't
see myself sitting in front of a computer debugging logic all day. So, the
week university applications were due, I erased "Computer
Science/Engineering" and changed it to "Mechanical Engineering".

Now I sit in front of a computer, debugging engineering speak and enjoy
scripting documentation production. Guess it's what happens when you excel
at writing and mathematics but can't really stand either, and love old
cars but are getting sick of skinned fingers, bruises, and grease up to
your elbows. <lol>

The rest of my post I think you can all muddle through without too much
bother. Just add a letter here and there, change another, and eliminate
the redundant words. ;)

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com