Re: filesystem or file system?

Subject: Re: filesystem or file system?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:16:46 +0000

Julie Brodeur wrote:

Hi, does anyone know of a good online guide where I can look up such things?

Also, is it one word or two? I have seen it both ways...

What, exactly, do you need to know? If you want technical information, you might do best by searching for the specific filesystem.You should even be able to find a lot of technical information on FAT32 and NTFS, even though they are proprietary, since open source users have done a lot of work to support them.

Since you have seen it spelled both ways, then you can use either with some justification. However, I think that technical audiences are more used to seeing it as one word. Certainly, that's how it is used in the startup and shutdown messages on Linux.

--
Bruce Byfield
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com