Re: RoboHelp for FrameMaker Question

Subject: Re: RoboHelp for FrameMaker Question
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:20:28 -0400

1) Switch to WWP 2003 for $950 (ask for $850).

<grin>

The answer is, Flash Help, WebHelp, and HTML Help (CHM) can be context
sensitive.

In the first two cases, MM should provide an API (WebHelp API, for
example) that your programmers can use to create the c-s hooks in the
software. In the latter case, MS provides the HTML Help API.

Also, your programmers should be able to hook this up by calling the
filename of a topic, and you should be able to set that in RHFM (try a
Filename marker).

If that doesn't do it, or developer resources are unavailable, I
recommend LinkIt from http://www.affixion.com (good folks, good
product). You can use this sans programming to set up c-s help.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:04:00 -0400, Natalie Nagoda
<nnagoda -at- innovativesystems -dot- com> wrote:

> Question:
>
> Using RoboHelp for FrameMaker > How do you create Content-Sensitive Help with a navigation pane.
>
> Currently the process is not in their manual ...and their tech support will not help me because they say that it is customization and they do not support that.

Macromedia doesn't know help. Of course RHFM supports context sensitivity.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com