Re: CD Life?

Subject: Re: CD Life?
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:18:44 -0400

Wright, Lynne wrote on 07/29/2004 10:42:16 AM:
> and now that we've all been pretty much
> forced to abandon vinyl, LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING!??!?!?

Still not the be-all and end-all of solutions.

Digital technology to rescue analogue recordings:

Maybe once they've recovered all the old recordings, they should etch them
all onto plated disks similar to the one used on Voyager.

It really just underlines the fact that ANY kind of archiving has to be
done in a professional manner and not just left to chance.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com