FW: Train-the-trainer

Subject: FW: Train-the-trainer
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:36:09 -0400

Rose,

I have created train the trainer material before with people who were
very experienced with that kind of documents. We did not include info
for non-professionnal trainers (how to help trainees understand x,y,z or
how to create interactions in the class).

We included extra information about processes or products. We wanted our
trainers to know more than what they had to teach. We provided more
context information and we tried to think of questions that could come
up and what trainers needed to know to answer them.

For example, we created PowerPoint presentations with slides that
sometimes only included graphs or images. The trainers notes included
detailed explanations on interpreting these graphs and images.

Our trainers were professional trainers and already had their
personalized way of interacting with their groups, they didn't need much
help with that. Our job was really to provide them with the content.

If I had to define what we did in a sentence I would say: We provided
trainers with the basic training material they needed for the training
sessions they had to give, with a lot of extra information so that they
could feel confident about what they knew when they were in front of the
class.

Most of them made little changes to adapt the stuff to their own
personal teaching style.

France