Terminology question

Subject: Terminology question
From: "Ami Wright" <amiwright -at- email -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:29:21 -0500

Does anyone on this list have a copy of ?The GUI Guide: International Terminology for the Windows Interface? and would you be willing to look something up for me?

We are having a discussion about what to call one piece of the interface.  Some of us favor ?drop-down list? and some favor ?selection box.?  We checked the Microsoft style guide, but it didn?t give an answer that was definitive enough to settle the discussion.

Then someone wondered whether the term that we used would affect the translation.  Which leads to my question:  Are both of the terms ?drop-down list? and ?selection box? listed in ?The GUI Guide??

Thanks,
-Ami

Ami Wright
?technical? tech writer
American with international experience
www.amiwright.com

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com