Re: Photo formats in Word

Subject: Re: Photo formats in Word
From: "M Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:55:10 +0100

Easier still: In Word, get the image to the size you need etc, then Cut and
Paste As "Picture."

"Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com> wrote in message
news:242907 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

If you're asking whether you can decide after the fact to save an
embedded image as a separate graphics file, the answer is "Yes, but ...
" The most obvious possibility doesn't work -- that being to select the
graphic, hit "Copy," go to your graphics program, and hit "Paste." A
floating graphic simply will not paste, and an inline graphic will show
up as a poor-quality image. (It's got something to do with the fact
that you're not actually putting the graphic into the buffer, but rather
he screen representation of that graphic, which doesn't have all the
data.

So you have three possibilities that I know about:

* If you can display the entire graphic on your screen,
you can simply do a screen capture of that.

* Save your document as HTML. This will create a file of
all images in your document. Each will be saved as both a JPG and a PNG
or GIF. The PNG/GIF version will be the one you should use. This has
the advantage of extracting all graphics at once, and the disadvantage
of giving them all generic names like "00001."

* Select the image and enter "copy," but paste into
PowerPoint. Apparently, this WILL capture the entire graphic, which you
can then select and do a "Save as."