RE: Article: Looking for the Eureka Button

Subject: RE: Article: Looking for the Eureka Button
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:13:59 -0500

Yes, but ... which 5%? My 5% may not be your 5% and neither of ours may be my Dad's 5%.

Take undo for example. Many Frame users complain about not having multiple - if not unlimited - levels of undo in Frame (you know, like at least one dominate word processing application). However, one level is fine for me 99% of the time. So I really don't care about Adobe making multiple levels of undo. Those that need it can get the plugin I've seen mentioned on the Framers list lately.

I understand why software packages have all those features I don't use, someone else does. And I bet I use many features they don't. Does that mean I don't want it to work flawlessly? Not a bit. Do I expect it to work flawlessly? Nope. But I understand how that feature creep occurs. Excuse me, I now need to document the latest "must have" feature they just added to our product. :-)

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas, TX (yep, that one)