Re: how many people can see this message?

Subject: Re: how many people can see this message?
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:16:53 -0400

Chuck Martin wrote:
> Bonnie Granat wrote:
> <snip>
>> But if you try to reply to a post that came from the newsgroup
>> (like yours, Chuck), it's addressed to the newsgroup (and thus
>> won't be distributed) and you can't change the To header in the
>> message so that the message goes to the mailing list (at least I
>> can't in Outlook Express), so you have to:
>>
>> - Copy and paste your response into a new message.
>>
>> - Address the message to techwr-l.
>>
>> - Copy and paste the Subject of the message to which you are
>> replying
>>

> That's not my understanding of how Eric set up his news server. I
> believe he's configured it so that posts to the techwr-l group on
> lists.raycomm.com do indeed get sent to the mailing list.

Bonnie's comment is about OE. If you read the posts through OE, you must hit
"Reply to All" button.

This works except for one annoying exception: those who post through the web
interface. When you reply, the post is sent to usenet.

--

Ed Wurster

http://www.eWurster.com/blog/
Consulting, Programming and Maintenance
for Computer Systems and Networks
Training, Technical Writing , Web Design & Hosting

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com