Re: FW: Semantic markup for tabular data

Subject: Re: FW: Semantic markup for tabular data
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:38:05 -0400

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com wrote on 05/21/2004 12:15:49 PM:
> But, I can no longer publish the old-style table? Release
> Notes and compatibility listings can no longer be PDFs
> or printed docs? I suppose that's acceptable. Except,
> I have to get that app developed before I even begin to
> convert the data, because once I stop being able to
> publish my old, readable table, I have to have the working
> replacement ready to go.

?!?

I seem to have missed something in the discussion. There's no reason
stopping data/content from being structured and producing EXACTLY the same
output as currently.

I'd even guess that the best approach is to first mimic the exact output
currently generated (while hopefully reviewing and streamlining the
capture process) and then later developing new capabilities/uses for the
content.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed