Re: What types of communications would members like to see from STC?

Subject: Re: What types of communications would members like to see from STC?
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:19:57 -0400

Robert J. Dianetti wrote:

Hello
I’m the new Director for STC Region 4, and one of the challenges I face is
how to effectively communicate with the membership in my region. My
question is this: How would STC members (and perhaps non-members also) like
to be communicated with regarding society issues? Some possibilities of
course are email, web postings, message boards, Intercom articles etc.
Also, what frequency would be considered desirable?
Any input would be appreciated.

I'm not a member myself, Bob (just not a joiner, I guess), but the tenor of discussion on this list about STC tends to run toward the appropriateness and relevance of what the STC covers in its various meetings and publications and how much it charges participants. I don't think I've ever seen a discussion of the media used, except perhaps on some technical issues regarding the STC Web site. Perhaps your time and energy would better be spent tackling issues that people actually care about.

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com